Prep time: 16-20 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 4x 150g Mackerel fillets
- 200g prepared squid rings
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Chopped herbs (to garnish)
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 4 salad potatoes, boiled and cut in quarters lengthwise
- 1 carrot, diced and boiled
- 1/2 Savoy cabbage, ribs removed, leaves shredded, blanched and drained
- 1 small onion, diced
- 60g smoked bacon, diced
- 60ml cream
- 200ml chicken stock
- Heat 1tsp of oil and cook the bacon and onion.
- Add the chicken stock and boil until reduced by half, then add the cream.
- Bring to the boil and add the cabbage, potatoes, and carrots and simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll the mackerel in the garam masala.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mackerel and cook skin side down until skin starts crisping up. Flip and cook through to other side.
- Remove the mackerel and quickly saute the squid rings to heat through.
1 Spoon some of the vegetables in the centre of the plate and place the mackerel on top. Spoon around a little more of the sauce from the vegetables. Place squid rings on top.